As a general rule, moms tend to be the ones DOING the pampering instead of RECEIVING the pampering. It won’t hurt to reverse that trend on her special day.
So what could you do to show mom how much you appreciate her? It doesn’t have to cost much, after all, they do say that it’s the thought that counts. But in case you’re low on ideas, here are a few she might enjoy.
- Breakfast in bed (after letting her sleep late, of course!). Tell Mom that you’ve got everything done and be sure to make a pretty presentation. A flower from the garden is a nice touch. And most important – don’t forget to clean up!
- A home mani-pedi. Let Mom sit back with a book (or while watching her favorite TV show) while you treat her to a salon style mani-pedi in the comfort of home. She’s probably already got everything you need. Just be sure to let her pick out the nail polish colors she’d like. Get a towel to protect the floor and furnishings and you’re set to go.
- What mom couldn’t use a back or neck massage. My daughter prides herself on giving great neck massages – they feel wonderful. It’s always a treat to close my eyes and enjoy the feeling of my muscles relaxing. It’s a good bet that your mom would enjoy it too.
- Make a banner that says #1 MOM! You can use whatever type of paper you have around, tape it together to make a long banner, decorate it with markers or crayons, and then hang it where she can enjoy it all week long.
- Does she have a favorite dessert? Bake it for her! Brownies, cake, pie – she’ll enjoy and calories consumed on Mother’s Day DO NOT COUNT!
- Give her time to take an uninterrupted bubble bath. Don’t bother her no matter what. Lay out all the supplies ahead of time and don’t forget a book or her music device. A scented candle is a nice touch too. Now leave her alone!
- If mom lives out of town and you won’t be seeing her, be sure to call and visit with her. Don’t be in a hurry to get off the phone. After all, it’s her day and she’ll be glad to hear from you.
- You can even send mom a sweet and sappy text message (if she’s tech-savy and knows how to do this on her phone. I know it sounds silly, but my mother wouldn’t have had a clue). Something touching will probably remain on her phone long after other messages have been deleted.
Those are just a few ideas. However you decide to pamper mom, be sure to do it with a loving heart and a smile on your face. A hug and the words “I Love You” will melt her heart as well.