Wow! It’s December. I know, I know – Christmas decorations have been in the stores for ages and Black Friday is over so yes, it’s December. It’s not like it doesn’t come around every twelve months. But still, somehow, it’s always a bit of a shock to realize that a year is almost over. While they all are rushing by in a blur these days, 2017 has been strange. In some ways the year has gone by at warp speed. In other ways it has seemed like the year would never end (and I’m soooo ready for it to!)
However, as we work our way to Christmas and through the blur, here are a few pieces that I thought you’d enjoy this week. Be sure to stop by and check them out and leave a comment if you like what you read. The author will think you’re Santa and have left a present – honest.
- I knew that a foot massage feels good, but How to Massage Your Own Foot discusses the health benefits to this wonderful therapy. Add the right essential oils and get additional benefits.
- I may not be successful, but 10 Ways To Avoid Holiday Weight Gain has great suggestions to help our scale not scream in agony come January.
- A Thoughtful Alternative to The Elf On The Shelf That Will Teach Your Kids Lifelong Lessons – We never did the Elf on the Shelf thing, but I love this message about the importance of kindness.
- Overcoming Loneliness One Friend At A Time inspires even an introvert like me to not neglect those other important relationships. Who knows, it might help me live longer.
- How To Get Into The Christmas Spirit When You Just Aren’t Feeling It is worth checking out if your holiday spirit has gone missing.
- No one likes or wants adversity, but it’s certain that we’ll have some anyway. Since we’ll all have some whether we want it or not, How to Overcome Obstacles in Your Life, Starting Today gives you tools you’ll need.
- If you’ve been feeling “news fatigue” the past year and have decided to keep some opinions and thoughts to yourself you may relate to She’s Just Not That Deep. Personally, I frequently find that those who aren’t spouting off and yammering all the time are often the ones who have given an issue the most thought. Sometimes I need to remember that and keep my own mouth closed as well.
- I know there is some disagreement on teens working. Some feel a teen’s only job is to make their grades, others hold differing viewpoints. When Is It Time For Your Teen To Get A Job makes its own argument. When do you think is the right time?
- Stop the presses! Or at least stop the gift wrapping. 12 Gift Wrapping Ideas has some that are just cute, cute, cute!
- Some folks are just natural cooks. And then there are the rest of us. Now Jungle Jim is a natural cook – and I have to work at it. At Least I Tried (Yes, “Blue Apron” Was A Disaster) made me laugh and absolutely could have been me if I hadn’t had a hubby who was determined to teach me a few kitchen tricks.
- I’m new to listening to podcasts but Holiday Themed Podcasts lists several that have episodes appropriate for this time of year.
If you like this feature I’d love for you to let me know by leaving me a comment below.