- I am a long time fan of the soap opera “Dark Shadows”, which ran from 1966-1971. I was just a little kid, but I remember hurrying home from school so that I could catch the last 20 minutes and keep up with the happenings in Collinwood. I also watched the revival of the nighttime series with Ben King back in 1991. I really liked that this version focused more on the love that Barnabas Collins had for Josette. I was so disappointed when it went off the air! I even loved the movie version with Johnny Depp even though it took a campy approach. Guess I’ve always had a thing for vampires and things that go bump in the night.
- I worked in the public schools for 32 years, first as a teacher and then as an administrator. During my time as an administrator, part of my duties was supervising various sporting events. I’ve run more concession stands during those events than I can even begin to count. I make a mean Frito pie and I can make my way through Sam’s with a huge shopping cart in record time. Fortunately, I always had some great student helpers to assist. Those kiddos were the best!
- I had two car wrecks in a four-year span. Neither accident was my fault, but they’ve left me nervous about being in heavy traffic. So that person who kinda freaks when you roar up at high speed right behind them – that might be me. Some events are scary enough that they become imprinted on your mind and it makes you jumpy. What I’d love most on the road is for everyone to SLOW DOWN! The few minutes you save most likely isn’t important enough to risk an accident.
- I love watching HGTV in my spare time (when there IS spare time). Unfortunately, the hubby doesn’t love for me to watch it as much as I do. He has voiced the opinion that I only watch it so that I can find new projects for him to do. Well, that’s not the only reason!
- I have a weakness for beef jerky. It’s the snack I always want when we take a long car trip. I tell myself that the protein is good for me.
- I love hourglasses. I suspect it’s because my mother was a huge fan of the soap opera, “Days of Our Lives” and I grew up watching that big hourglass at the start of the program and MacDonald Carey talking about “sands through the hourglass.” Funny what things stay with you from your childhood.
Each of us has things that make us unique – big and little things that add up to create a person different from everyone else. Differences make the world – and the people in it – interesting. Have you ever thought about the little things that make you up your personality. Perhaps you’ve thought of them as quirks, but they’re the essence of who you are.
What are some things that make you different?